Communication & Outreach
- Representatives: Sarah Dorsey
- Anne-Marie Scott
- Beth Filar Williams
- Rob Owens
- Hannah Winkler
- Jack Bonney
The Communication & Outreach group utilizes a multi-channel network to promote the work of the committee and establish an identity for our collaborative sustainability efforts on campus. They have developed and facilitated educational events like the Sustainability Film & discussion series, tabling events, and guest speakers. They have also been hard at work producing this website, our logo, the Semester for Sustainability calendar, promotional items and numerous posters for all events surrounding the important issue of sustainability at UNCG. Last, but no least, they have secured space for us on WUAG and Facebook! Check us out!
Communications & Outreach Recommendations
- Expand & improve communication network
- Cultivate a database of internal and off campus contacts, create list serve, presence on myspace, possibly establish liaisons for other working groups, virtual community on black board
- Develop & maintain website
- Increase content and detail, develop infrastructure for gaining information from working groups, and continue to add images and updates.
- Develop & expand promotion and outreach efforts
- Continue to identify new opportunities for promotion and outreach and eventually expand efforts to blogs, list serves, blackboard community, local media, community groups, etc.
- Continue & expand film and discussion series
- Possibly collaborate w/ other colleges and universities to do a citywide film fest